The assure has a unique combination of qualities which together bring significant benefits to our wearers.
Let’s get who the Assure won’t work for out of the way first and then we’ll let you know why we are a great solution for anyone else who spends significant time alone.
Though we have made the Assure as easy to use as possible it does need the wearer to interact with it. So if you are looking after someone who cannot remember to squeeze both buttons together if they want help, or to confirm they are OK by pressing a single button when the band buzzes then the Assure is not for you. In this case you may want to consider a system that monitors the home rather than the person. Such systems are typically more expensive than the Assure and require active interaction from the carers and are somewhat less effective at calling for timely help1 , but they can work around the person rather than with them.
If you have read this far it means you are thinking about the Assure for someone who can interact with it and whether it is for yourself or someone else the Assure is different for the following reasons.
The Assure is truly designed to be worn all the time. This is known in the trade as ‘fit & forget’ and is important because no one knows when an emergency will happen including high risk times when showering or an overnight visit to the bathroom.
There are several attributes designed into the Assure that mean it can be worn for a full year without taking it off.
- We have built in an extraordinary 1 year battery life, so no recharging2. It is worth checking on some solutions that say they ‘can be worn’ 24 hours a day as they may also say they need to be re-charged
- Waterproof for showering and bathing
- Made of comfortable medical grade silicone to fit wrist sizes from 12-21cm circumference.
- Stylish enough to win international design awards so you will be comfortable wearing it wherever you go
- Activated with a simple squeeze meaning it can’t accidentally be set it off in bed, unlike single button wristbands.
So having designed a system that can be worn all the time we then considered if we could improve on the systems which had been around since the late 1980 and were still based on telephones. Using the latest in technology we realised we could do far more than basic SOS alerts and the wellness check-ins are unique to us.
- SOS Alerts
- Wellness check-ins. Choose the times for the band to buzz on the wrist and confirm you are OK by pressing a single button, wherever you are (You don’t have to go to the phone or alter your normal behaviour)
- Fall monitoring. The band can listen for a ‘jerk’ pattern which is typical of a fall and then if there is little movement afterwards will again ask if you are OK by buzzing on your wrist. These settings can be personalised to suit frail or more active wearers
- Household comfort zones. Put the Acticheck base somewhere representative of the household temperature (i.e. away from heat sources and draughts) and set a minimum temperature that will trigger an email. This can also be used as a frost monitor so even if the wearer is not at home responders can be warned if the pipes are in danger
- Communication lost. If we don’t hear from the base for a period of time we will send an email to any administrators letting them know there may have been an internet outage. With traditional systems ‘No news is good news’ but with the Assure even if circumstances mean we don’t have you covered we’ll let you know.